Here’s a roundup of food-related items from the past week, as well as things to look forward to.
- Urban Burger has opened its doors and is already one of the busiest spots in town. From the same owners of The Italian Pantry, Urban Burger is serving up some uniquely delicious burger combinations, as well as salads, grilled cheeses, milkshakes, fried pickles…need I go on? Here’s a look at their menu, and I’ll be posting an interview with the owners in a few days.
- Summer’s almost over, school’s about to start, and Dinner in a Pinch is gearing up for their busy time. To that end they’re looking to hire someone to help out with the dinner rush. If you’re interested, stop in and talk to Sara.
- Dinner in a Pinch is also teaming up with I Love Little Scoops on Sept. 4 to give kids the opportunity to be a chef for a day. Doesn’t that sound like fun? All of the information is here.
- Over the border in Garwood, &grain is turning one and they’re celebrating with an anniversary special they’ll be serving up this weekend. They’re hush hush on the details but from the picture they posted on Facebook it looks like it involves croissants, pretzels and eggs. I’m intrigued!
- Last but not least, this Sunday is Cranford’s street fair. The street fair will run from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will have a special Children’s Expo. Check out this article for additional information. Hope to see you there!